One of the kindest gifts I have been given in my life is the gift of acceptance. Not “acceptance” as in, “I am one of you now, and so we must agree on the big issues of our time.” The gift is “acceptance” as in, “Wow!I think you are totally wrong about this. I think you have the facts wrong, and the wrong perspective, but I accept that you believe you are right about all of it, and I will treat you as if you might still be a good person-even if each of us standing up for what we believe in means we are facing off.” The gift is accepting my humanity and my decency even if we can’t both have what we want. Having a Personal Code of Character (PCC)doesn’t mean you are right. It means, you will conduct yourself in a way that lets you feel right and walk through life with a clear conscience. Having a P.C.C. does not obligate you to act as conscience for others nor does acceptance have to mean surrender🎶🎵
Thanks to Prince George’s Arts and Humanities Council and Prince George’s County Public Schools!
Stay tuned for more sights and sounds…
We can tailor Around the Piano sessions to fit your schedule, population, objectives and budget. However, it is the goal of every Around the Piano program that participants will have a positive experience with group singing, and growth in the following areas:
· Increased individual confidence and feeling of acceptance within the group setting
· Appreciation of music as tool- for communication, improving health and wellbeing, expressing and preserving culture, connecting diverse populations, teaching concepts, and sharing stories
· Self-awareness through inquiry and exploration of a Personal Code of Character
· Group synergy/team building through increased empathy, cooperation and collaboration
· Improvisation and creative problem solving
· More Joy, more laughter, more music
AROUND THE PIANO at Robert Goddard Middle School, a Prince George’s County Arts Integration School 2019
This program was made possible by support from the Prince George’s Arts and Humanities Council!
Integrating Group Singing and Character Education into a Social Studies Class!
Special Thanks to Ms. Olivia Hubbard and the awesome 7th graders in her class, Ms. Emily Wise, Principal Womack, the entire staff and student body of Robert Goddard Montessori School, and the Prince George’s Arts and Humanities Council!!
Contact us for information about how to bring ATP to your school or organization.
SING YOUR HEART OUT, AND SOMEONE WILL HEAR YOU!