AROUND THE PIANO: a Character Education resource for your school system
Around the Piano/Character Building Songs for Teens and Preteens is an engaging resource for teachers and team leaders that promotes social, emotional and character development while improving climate through singing, lyric writing and discussion.
By intentionally integrating Music with Character Education in a way that naturally lends itself to integration with other curriculums, ATP can serve to restore music as a regular part of the day for every person in a school community.
We, at AROUND THE PIANO, are excited to work with your district, school, organizations, and families. We will tailor our events to meet your specific needs and budget.
The team from AROUND THE PIANO is happy to work with you in scheduling:
• INDIVIDUAL CLASSROOM VISITS
• SCHOOL WIDE ASSEMBLIES
• AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS FOR STUDENTS
• FAMILY/COMMUNITY BUILDING EVENTS
• TEACHER/TEAMLEADER TRAINING
• STAFF TEAM BUILDING WORKSHOPS
In our sessions we spend time together:
1. CREATING THE “AROUND THE PIANO” SPACE
2. LEARNING ATP SONG/S
3. MAKING CONNECTIONS BETWEEN MUSIC, EMOTIONS, AND EXPRESSION
4. MAKING CROSS CURRICULAR CONNECTIONS
5. SHARING STORIES WITH CHARACTER CONTEXT: MAKING REAL WORLD CONNECTIONS
6. WRITING LYRICS USING PERSONAL STORIES AND EXPERIENCES
7. SHARING LYRICS: BUILDING EMPATHY
8. LEARING MUSIC VOCABULARY AND SKILLS INCLUDING IMPROVISATION
9. DEVELOPING A PERSONAL CODE OF CHARACTER
10. WORKING TOWARD CLASSROOM AND SCHOOL-WIDE IMPROVEMENTS IN SOCIAL CLIMATE
We look forward to meeting you!
Posted on December 8, 2017, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment